Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

The kids and I made a trip to the store yesterday to get our pumpkins (Steve was at work so we picked him out a nice one). Katie had to get the biggest pumpkin there, which meant I had to haul it home and help her carve it. LOL All the prep and carving and cleaning up took several hours, but was worth it as we got great looking pumnpkins. I baked Spiced Pumpkin Seeds, and it was the first time the kids liked the pumpkin seeds! The recipe is from Allrecipes.com if you're interested.

Katie and I carved from templates, while Steve and Jason free-handed and they all turned out great. It got so late last night we didn't have time to put them out before the kids went to bed, so Katie and I put them out this morning before she got on the bus. Tonight we will all go out and take more pictures by our pumpkins and I will post those.

No comments:

Post a Comment