The kids have officially been to school 2 days in the past 11 days, and one of those days was a 2 hour delay! Slackers! They are enjoying the nice break, but the weather is wreaking havoc on other plans. I had to cancel work Monday night, we were officially snowed in when Steve got stuck getting back in the driveway. It's been nice being stuck inside though. But I have been assured the kids will go back tomorrow, just with a 2 hour delay (we shall see, I will believe it when I see it).
Jason returned from wrestling practice last night with a hurt hand (yes, even though school was closed they still held practice due to the upcoming distric competition). It was a little swollen, but we thought ice would help. We iced it all day today, but the swelling just got worse. Ibuprofen didn't help, either. So Steve took him in the Urgent Care to get it x-rayed, and sure enough, a seemingly clean break. He's going to an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow morning and will get a cast. Unfortunately, it means he will not be able to compete for 6-8 weeks, and he's extremely bummed about that. I think it will be a good break for him. He has been going non-stop since last spring, training for football, then went right into wrestling.
Matthew has a slight cold, poor baby. He seems to be catching everything Jason is bringing home from wrestling!!! Grrr....I am considering a baby-sized bubble.
I painted Katie's room orange, it's definitely bright! I tried to convince her to go light orange, but she wasn't having it. I had to even talk her down from brighter orange. She wanted red circles around the room. It turned out cute, but I'm still putting coats on the red, then I will take pictures and post here.
So sad to hear about Jason,but I'm still coming! Can't wait to see everyone! Hope Matthew is feeling better.K.T.'s room sounds kool. I look forward to seeing it too.Only 2 1/2 days!
ReplyDeleteLove you all,
Grandma
Yay for you still coming! I told Steve we had to call right away to let you know, I was hoping you would still plan on coming. :) We're excited. Briing your sunglasses-for the orange room!
ReplyDelete