So here's how the great Operation 13 went down:
I packed all bags Wednesday while the kids were at school (yes, I was stressed as I usually am while getting ready for vacation). So when the kids came home nothing was in sight or suspicious. I suggested we all sit down for a movie after dinner, so we put that on. After starting it, I asked Jason if he was ready for his 13th birthday the next day. He of course said he was, and was excited about the possibility of gifts. Steve said "Woudn't it be great if we could head down south for your birthday-somewhere warm?" Now Steve says this literally every weekend. Or at least a variation of that, normally something along the lines of "if we leave now we can see the sunrise on the beach". Then I normally have to say no, and we move on. That's what Jason was expecting. SO I said "no, no". Steve insisted, and I finally said "Fine, if you go pack your bags right now, I will take you down south, somewhere warm". Steve got up and went upstairs to gather the bags I already packed. I was laughing with Jason, saying things like "Do you really think he's packing his bags??", etc. Jason and KT were laughing and waiting to see what would happen. Steve came down with all the bags we packed. I whispered to Jason "Do you really think they're packed...go lift one to see!" And he did. So, with Steve there, I looked at him and said "well, you better pack your bags so you don't get left behind!! We are headed somewhere nice for you birthday!". Jason didn't believe us at first, he actually thought it was a prank, and we were kidding. KT, funny enough, believed us from the get go and brought two small bags down from her room-meanwhile we were still trying to convince Jason we were serious. :)
After we got down the road a bit, we told them where we were going-Disneyworld. The kids were ecstatic, and they watched the Disney DVD.
We arrived at the resort in 14 hours, amazing since we had 3 kids, one which is 10 months old. We spent the rest of that day at the resort, and took Jason to one of his favorite restaurants, Joe's Crab Shack. Jason chose Epcot for our Friday activity. It was raining, but that just meant the lines were shorter!
On Saturday, we headed to Magic Kingdom Disney with my sister and her fiance Chris, and it was nice and sunny. Unfortunately the lines were longer, but we used fast passes (it's a print out that gives you a specific time to return to the ride so you can technically go to the front of the line). Disney was much nicer than I had imagined, and I absolutely loved seeing the castle (yes, I know I'm an adult).
Sunday we spent the day in a cabana at the resort-sooo nice!! We got one feet away from the lazy river, so we could get in and out out the back of the cabana. Sweet!
I'm waiting to get my sister's pictures before posting them here...I figured that way I could take the best ones.
Soooo cool! Too bad it rained,but sounds like you still had a great time! Looking forward to the pics.
ReplyDeleteLove to all,
Grammie