Friday, April 2, 2010

An end table face lift

We have an end table in our front room that just didn't quite match:




I have been slowly adding accents of dark wood and black, so the easiest option was to transform this table into black. I sanded, primed and painted, then there are a few coats of poly to finish it off. I also popped off those gold accents, not a fan.





BTW, the fireplace faceplate (gold) drives me CRAZY. I have that on my list to paint-maybe next. Problem is I'm not sure how regular paint would do..if it would peel with the heat. There is heat resistant paint, but in black only. I was hoiping to go some kiind of speckled bown.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/4/10

    The table looks great...as does the roof. Did that table come from my house?It looks familiar and if so it's the one I bought at a thrift store in Santa Barbara. It's had a good long life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so! That means I probably spent 5 bucks total on it...for the paint.
    It has a brand new life now. :)
    Thanks-and we are enjoying the roof!!

    ReplyDelete