I drove Steve's car to work my 4 hour shift today. I notice the tank is on E, so I figure I will fill it up after work, on my way home. As I get out of the car, I realize I forgot my wallet. I had to go into the office and hope I had a friend that I could bum a few bucks off of, or else Steve would have to bring me my wallet. I did find a great friend who willingly gave up her last 5 bucks to get me home.
I worked my 4 hour shift, and was all ready to leave, and I could not find my keys. I don't mean the usual misplaced keys. I mean, after a half hour, no sign of then ANYWHERE. I began asking around, and someone mentioned they saw one of the interpreters leave with similar looking keys of what I described, and she had picked them up in a place I tend to set them down. She was leaving as I was heading to work. I leave messages on her cell phone, texted her, no response. What I think happened is she may have picked up my keys because they look like hers and threw them in her purse by mistake as she left. Either way, after an hour and a half, no keys, and Steve had to pack up all the kids (KT even had a friend staying the night) to come get me. I still have not heard from the interpreter who may or may not have my keys. And my car is about 25 minutes up north. I definitely did not see this coming today when I rolled out of bed!
for you non-Facebooking folks, I found them. Someone did accidentally pick them up and pocket them. Glad to get them, and the car, back!
ReplyDelete