Thursday, January 7, 2010

Spoons and Snow Days

What lucky kids I have! The snow is pouring down as I type, and the kids couldn't be more thrilled. I never had snow days, going to school in California. Katie is convinced she (and all kids out there) have the power to declare a snow day with a simple spoon. The idea is if she puts the spoon under her pillow before bed, snow day the next day. She has a high success rate, since it only works when a big snow is forecasted. :) There are variations on this, like wearing the PJs backwards...I think all are acceptable to the kids-whatever works.

I headed out this morning to take Matthew to the doctor. He has had a runny nose for a few weeks now, but other than that fine. I knew it just wasn't right...apparently he has an ear infection in his right ear. :( Poor baby. But it doesn't seem to bother him too bad, his demeanor is great. Plays just the same, no ear tugging, no eating issues. Just the faucet nose (eeeewwwww). So, 10 days of antibiotics and he will be back to new.

Jason feels that even though the county is close to declaring a snow emergency, I should pack everyone up and take him to a friends for a sleepover. Uhhh, no. But I offered our house up if the friend can talk his mom into risking life and limb to bring him here. :)

Here are some pics of what the kids chose to do with their snow day today (besides remind me a million times they are bored...how can I be so busy while they are so bored??).

One hour into our forecasted 8 hour snow:


Katie playing on Webkins...


Matthew..just doing what he normally does (getting into everything:):


Jason, organizing his team of soldiers to fight the enemy on Medal of Honor 2. We are SO proud. :)


And lastly, me on this lovely snow day:

1 comment:

  1. BTW, this turned into a two-day snow day, school was cancelled on Friday as well.

    ReplyDelete