Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back to School

Monday was the kids' first day of school, and so far all is well. No calls home, no parent-teacher conferences yet. It has only been 3 days, but hey, nothing surprises me. :) The kids are starting off on the right foot, for that I am thankful.
Jason has football practice for 2+ hours everyday after school, so he is pretty tired by the time he gets home at 5:30. His day starts at 5:45, so no more late nights for him. Our neighbor teaches Science at his school, and he happen to get her-so he is well aware he needs to be on his best behavior. Jason is typically really social, so we advised him to lay low since we see her at the bus stop every day (her kids go to Katie's elementary school).
Katie is happy with her teacher this year-she has had great teachers every year, though. Third grade is a big year, the kids get planners for the first time, and the homework gets serious. She's up for it, though.
Matthew didn't start school-time will fly and I will probably be posting on here before ya know it that he is going into PreK. He did, however, cut his first tooth, and the one next to it is trying to cut through also!! This happened on vacation (not sure if I mentioned in the previous post). 3 1/2 months is pretty early, but Jason and Katie were the exact same way, so I'm not surprised. Fortunate for us, he isn't cranky in the least-and no fever or any of the normal issues that follow teething. He does drool A LOT though, and puts everything in his mouth to chew on.
Jason didn't want his pic taken the first day of school, so I caught him on his way to the basement to play his drums:

Katie's first day of third grade:

Matthew, 4 months old tomorrow:

No comments:

Post a Comment