Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Vacation-Day 5

Is it already "vacation-day 5"? I hate how quickly vacation goes by-I wish we were back at day 1.
But....we have so much left, so I'm not too sad.
Tomorrow and Thursday we are renting a nice boat and we will make our way to new beaches and fun places to eat.
Today, Katie and I woke up early to walk along the beach. KT told me the only thing she is not fond of about walking on the beach: walking. :) She says her feet get all sandy. She still insists that she loves the beach. LOL We found lots of shells and had great fun for about an hour by ourselves.
Chris made egg breakfast sandwiches for everyone, they reminded me of McDonald's sandwiches but a lot less greasy and a lot more yummy.
We all dipped into the pool as some rain rolled in. It has rained everyday here, but it's over so quickly, just about 30-45 minutes. We didn't mind, it was warmer in the pool so we all stayed in there.
Matthew seems to really like the water, he doesn't laugh and play, but he's content. At least he doesn't cry! He will even fall asleep while we are walking him around in the pool.
We also went to the beach today! Matthew fell asleep in his carrier while I was holding him, so we stayed out of the ocean. But everyone else went in, the water was wonderfully warm. At one point I walked to the edge, and saw a pretty good sized jellyfish. Everyone rushed out of the water and had a nice look. And that was the end of the ocean for today. :)
We also saw two huge turtles along the "road", they didn't mind us stopping to take pics with them.
On the menu tonight: grilled shrimp-kabobs and spicy Pineapple slices. Yummmmm. We are marinating the shrimp now, and should be eatting soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment